- About NPMA
- Member Center
- Education & Events
- Resource Center
- Public Policy
- Media Center
The NPMA State Policy Affairs Representative is the key liaison responsible for coordinating issues between associations. For more information on the SPAR program or for state policy questions contact Director of Public Policy Jake Plevelich.
Robert Kunst is the president of Fischer Environmental Services, a full-service pest control firm serving the Southeastern USA.
Mr. Kunst worked in the industry since 1974 for both Orkin Pest Control and Terminix before purchasing Fischer Environmental Services in 1981.
Mr. Kunst is four-time Past President of the Greater New Orleans Pest Control Association, Past President of the Louisiana Pest Control Association, and Past President of the National Pest Management Association.
Mr. Kunst teaches a class in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) at Louisiana State University and has chaired over 65 committees on Pest Control topics. Kunst is a globally recognized speaker on both technical and managerial subjects, having spoken in 27 states and 15 foreign countries. Bob is fully licensed in the states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina.
Bob was appointed by Louisiana Governor Blanco to a 4-year term on the Louisiana Structural Pest Control Commission in 2004 and was reappointed by Governor Jindal in 2008 and 2012. This Commission regulates the Structural Pest Control Industry of Louisiana.
Fischer Environmental Services was awarded “Champion of the Environment” in 2004 by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A.). Fischer is still one of only five Pest Management Company to receive this prestigious honor out of 18,000 Pest Management Firms in the United States in the history of the E.P.A. In March 2010, Fischer Environmental Services became of the first Pest Management Companies in the Nation to be awarded the Gold Standard Level by the EPA. in their Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP).
Robert Kunst was certified by the Entomological Society of America and received his A.C.E. (Associated Certified Entomologist) designation.
In 2015, Bob was asked to the A.C.E representative on the Certification committee of the Entomological Society of America which designs the testing for the A.C.E program
He has been honored with;
• The F.M.C. Lifetime Achievement Award,
• The Pest Control Technology (P.C.T.) Leadership Award,
• The Paul K. Adams Award of Excellence
• The only person to ever receive the Chairman of the Year Award three times from the National Pest Management Association.
• Mr. Kunst serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for a PCT publication
• Received the Pinnacle Award from the National Pest Management Association in 2008 which is the single highest honor that can be given by this association to any member and represents a lifetime of achievement.
• Bob was inducted into the Pest Control Hall of Fame in 2010. This is the industry’s highest honor with only 33 living recipients in the world.